Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Best Meal I Ever Had

The best meal I ever had was with the best company I could ever experience. It wasn't exactly top-notch or at a grand scale, but it wasn't the usual fast food commodity either.

Imagine walking through a jungle, greeted by 300 pound gorillas baring teeth that were dripping saliva, and a lion that could maul and kill within 5 seconds. Every few minutes, someone is shouting "VOLCANO!" Sometimes the bank of the waterhole will shoot out mists of steam.

I didn't mind being in the company of hairy and angry animals, nor did I mind the many different distractions coming through the room, because the oversized plates filled to the brim that could feed an army is what was worthwhile. I don't exactly remember what was on my plate that day, but whatever it was, jolted my taste buds with a variety of flavors provided by the freshest ingredients! Spicy, sweet, and bitter with a tang, I wanted to devour the entire plate of food that weighed in at 5 pounds like a the lion that was peeking over my head, sometimes letting out a purr or a growl along with the tacky shaking of rainforest plants.

My mammal instincts kicked in and I surrounded my plate of food with protective arms, I didn't care if the animals were one month away from becoming extinct, they weren't going to get a single morsel of my precious food.

I left The Rainforest Cafe in Dallas, Texas with a full stomach, two boxes of leftovers, and around $25 dollars short for a single menu item. Not only did I pay for the wonderful, fantastical, helluva dinner, but I paid for the jungle safari as well. I can't wait to go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment